twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there a way to take The Pill so that I will get my period Monday through Friday?

I am taking the pill for the first time. I just got my period today so I am trying to decide to take it before bed or wait until Sunday. I heard that it regulates your period so you'll know when you are getting it. I want to know if I can plan that to make it come during the week and not have it on weekends anymore?
Answer:
Typically if you are a sunday starter, you will get your period a few days after you take the last active pill, like Tuesday or Wednesday. Before I switched to NuvaRing, I took my pills at 7 pm every day, and would get my period from ~1 pm wednesday until early sunday AM (the end is always more variable than the start). Try taking it for a few months and see how long it takes you to start, and how long it lasts. You can always start a new pack during your placebo week to alter when your period will start.
It really depends on how you react to the pill, how short it makes your periods and when you usually get your period during the week off.

I don't usually start my period until the 3rd or 4th day of my week off of active pills. I'm a "Sunday Start" so that means i usually get my period on Tuesday or Wednesday and it lasts until Friday/Saturday. Since the pill, my periods are really light, so not nearly as much as an inconveinence as before and besides I can just decide not to have a period or put it off for a few weeks whenever I want.

You should start your pills when your doctor tells you to. If you start today on Day 1 of your cycle, you are protected from pregnancy right away. If you start on Sunday, you have to wait 7 days. (Your pill pamplet will say this unless you are in paranoid Austrailia, then you must wait 14 days) Anyways, I think starting today will give you a greater likelihood of not having your period during the weekend, that is if you react to the pill in the same manner that I have.

In the future, when you know how your body responds to 'the pill', you can always change your start day without risking your protection by cutting your 'placebo week' short in the future to attempt to not have your period during the weekends,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net