twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is there any such thing as yeast overload?

I have been feeling really crappy for approx. 5 months with yeast infections, urinary tract infections, bloating and gas, irregular menstrual cycles and severe fatigue!! I read on the internet that a body can become overcome with yeast and all the problems I have been having were the symtoms. I have taken several courses of anti-fungal medicine but I seem to still have all the symtoms. My doctor told me that what I read on the internet was a false. No I am left wondering why I am feeling this way. Please help, I can't go another day feeling like this. I spent the day in bed.
Answer:
ask to be tested for CANDIDA. stop eating sugar and breads,nuts and fruits...dairy's a no no..eat all the veggies you can handle and drink lots of water. Try SOLARAY yeast-cleanse..or a chinese remedy(no pun intended)..GOLDEN FLOWER CHINESE HERBS intestinal fungus formula..candida albicans is a natural occuring fungus that inhabits the human gastrointestinal and urinary tracts...but can turn pathogenic if the balance is disrupted..(by antibiotics or steroids..or immune diseases..)look on the web about candida and see if this may be the problem..i hope you get well soon...
Try to start taking some acidophilus. Your body must be out of whack.
If you go to the health food store or a GNC or Vitamin world or something like that, you can find caplets. Sometimes they have a bunch of different strains/species of bacteria together (probiotics).
If you like yogurt, start eating that. Also, I buy the milk that has the acidophilus in it, too.

If that doesn't help, you need to start wondering about other reasons why you are having all of these infections. Keep going to the doctor.
Per my son's pediatrician's request, I had to take two stool samples of his to the lab to look for any bacterial growth. Although he was otherwise healthy, she did say he had more yeast in his stools than normal. She said to have him eat yogurt or drink a Danactive once a day.(they have the good kid of live cultures) It worked! So yes, I do believe this to be very true. It is also a common problem in autistic individuals and they sometimes cut yeast completely out of their diet.

Get a second opinion!
Best wishes!
Welll... all I know is that a "yeast overload" is technically a yeast infection. I don't think there is a scale that really can mesure "medium infection" - "high infection" - "Excessive infection", if you know what I mean.

My only suggestion which may seem overly obvious would be to simply target all of your issues individually. You can't do much about your irregular periods, but there are hasty remedies for yeast and urinary tract infections. As for your gas, eat more frequently and avoid foods that you know make you gassy. Bloating is a natural part of the month for us women, but you can limit it's occurence by minimizing your caffeine, salt and water intake.

I know it really must suck, the way you're feeling, but there are usually no quick snap of the fingers answers when it comes to womens health. It's what makes us these strong, tolerant individuals (lol).

Good luck, nevertheless.
It would be my advice to see a different doctor. Tell the doctor your symptoms and ask for a complete blood test. You should have you hormone levels, white blood cells, liver function, thyroid tested and be screened for various diseases and illnesses. There is such a thing as chronic yeast but your symptoms describe many illnesses. Only a doctor can determine what the problem is. Be persistent. If your doctor doesn't help then see a different one. I once was ill for an extended period of time and saw 10 different doctors before they fount the tumor. It's out now and I feel fine. Remember, doctors care as if you are their patient. Not as if it is themselves being ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net