twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is there any birth control that will not make me look like an elephant?

I lost a lot of weight after I had my 2 kids, and now i want to use some birth control, but I am afraid of gaining weight. Any suggestions?
Answer:
All hormone based birth control made me gain weight. I have a bad reaction to the hormones and so it was a major problem. After a lot of research, I found the IUD. There are two; a progesterone and a copper. Discuss both with your doctor. I use the copper one, because it has NO hormones, and it has worked great. My doctor said there were some side effects I should be aware of but I have had no trouble at all.
Well, let's see. There's abstinance, or
condoms, or rhythm method, or the patch. I don't think it makes you fatter.
The only hormonal birth control proven to cause significant weight gain is the depo-provera shot. No pills have been proven to cause significant weight gain, but they can increase hunger. The myth that 'the pill' causes weight gain stems from both the older dangerously high dose birth control pills, which did cause weight gain and the fact that most people gain weight during their late teens to early to mid twenties. This weight gain is due to the end if puberty as well as the slowing down of metabolism that comes with age. Because most women start using 'the pill' at this age, the pill is blamed for a natural increase in weight that would occur with or without the pill.
Either a tubal or condoms. Because I've used Depo, the pill, and other hormones, and each one made me gain weight. There are foams and the VFI film that you put in you that acts like a film or like a condom and it contains spermaside. There is are other alternatives, but its really up to your GYN to look at your past medical history and determine what options are best for you. If there is a Pill or injection that will keep u from getting pregnant or gaining weight then my doctor hasn't told me, but maybe there is I just don't know. I have a tubal ligation so I'm set from getting pregnant again. Besides also experiencing the symptoms of Endometriosis so that's another factor for me as well. The thing is each method contains hormones that throws your hormonal balance out of wack and has side effects being eating excessively is one. There are some that have side effects that have the counter effect of eating, but that's a very low percentage of women that had those side effects. Do what is right for you and your husband because its you two that have to live with the decisions when it comes to adding or not adding on to your family. I pray this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net