twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Is that pill that makes u only have your cycle 4 X a yr healthy?

Im on a birth control that makes me bleed only 4 times a year. Im on it to prevent painful symptoms of endometriosis. But now im worried that me bleeding only 4 times a year is unnatural and something might go wrong in my body! What are your feelings or facts about these types of cycle-regulating birth control pills?
Answer:
ALL BCP's allow you to cycle only 4 X a year - in fact you could use them and cycle only once a year if you wanted.
I would think if you wanted to get pregnant, you'd need to start cycling monthly before you stopped - that way your body would be used to it.
Ask your doctor about Meclomen - they only make the generic brand now so he may not have even heard of it. It helps redue your flow - less flow means less blood in those endometrial cells and therefore less pain. I was taking 50 vicoprofen monthly before I found this stuff. It really helps, it's non habit forming and has virtually no side effects that I've noticed.
Good luck! I've got endometriosis and PCOS so I'm constantly in pain, but this stuff really helped.
I was on depo provera for 5 years and the doctors say now that i can't get pregnant cause of the legnth of time i have been on it.
women were 'designed' to have children. being pregnant means no period... as many women are no longer pumping out babies...we are having more periods than ever "possibly" upping our cancer risks and other potential 'issues' like endometriosis.
They have found no pitfalls with having no period.
My mom delayed her period using NORMAL pills on and off throughout her life (skipping the sugar pills)- she's 61 now and completely healthy.
(They are studying the link between the *excess* periods of women and the possible link to all of the *increasing issues* in womens reproductive tracts - you can follow them by reading published articles or watching medline and/or NIH studies)
I was on depo for 9 years. I didn't get my period at all! I had to go off of depo because they found out it may cause bone density problems but...I have nothing wrong with me because I didn't have my period for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net