twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Is there any cure for endometriosis without getting an operation?

Young girl of 19 years suffer from endometriosis and want to know if there is anything she can do to be healed without an operation?
Answer:
There are medications that can help, but surgery is the best long term prognosis.

Oral contraceptives or GnRH agonists would be the possible medications. Frequently all three are used at different times.
First surgery (laproscopy) is performed to confirm diagnosis, and remove whatever scarring and endometrial implants present. Followed by a course of GnRH agonists to further regress any implants not seen or removed by surgery. This if frequently followed by Oral contraceptives indefinitely to keep menstrual periods lite to lessen the likelihood of retrograde bleeding and new implants.

Most doctors would agree, this is the most successful course of treatment and is more likely to preserve fertility.
When and if she wishes to become pregnant she would stop the O.C.'s

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 17yrs ago. My treatment was very successful. I would not say I am cured but I am much, much better. She is a young women and should seek aggressive treatment, waiting increases her chances of infertility and chronic pelvic pain.
If only I knew!! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately not even an operation will fix it forever. It will clear it up but it doesn't take very long to come back again.

I feel for you sweetie! Good luck with it all.
not that i know of
I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is NO cure for Endometriosis. I know this because I have been fighting w/ this illness for almost 6 years now. You can get a "lap" done and it can help relieve pain for a while, you can do birth control to help reduce the endo implants. But as of right now there is NO cure for Endo. Even if you have everything removed: utuerus and overies, it is possible for the pain to still be there. Have you tried any forms of birth control? I have had the best luck w/ the Lupron, and yes the side effects sound horrible, but it was one of the best choices I have made while treating my illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net